At EXP, we're driven to provide innovative solutions for the world's built and natural environments. As a team of engineers, architects, designers, scientists, creators and a community of professionals, we bring diverse and talented people together to solve the world's most complex challenges. Here, you join a team that leverages differences, harnesses their entrepreneurial spirit in an employee-owned company, that believes diversity is what gives us strength, seeks sustainable results and shares ambitions for each other, our clients and the communities we are part of and serve. To be a part of EXP means to have your own experience, while staying connected to a global network of professionals, who believe we are a part of something bigger. Together, we are EXP.
Are you ready to design your future?
Be our next Senior Mechanical Engineer
Your work environment at EXP
In this role, you will be a part of the Mechanical team for Healthcare & Hospitality projects based in Nashville, Tennessee.
What a day at EXP has in store for you
- Be able to lead, mentor and direct less experienced mechanical staff on all of their responsibilities.
- Perform at a "responsible charge" level in regard to meeting EXPs design and quality levels.
- Perform QA/QC review of specifications, reports, code application, RFI and submittal review, equipment selection, deliverables and drawings.
- QA/QC reviews of all calculations by designers, and provide guidance and mentoring.
- Determine content of drawings and specs for less experienced staff in order to meet the scope of work.
- Review code related items with Designers, and ensure compliance.
- Edit and develop basis of design narratives documenting project scope.
- Thorough understanding of psychrometrics.
- Understand and apply concepts of CHW, HW, WSHP, variable & constant flow systems.
- Advance equipment selection and analysis - chillers, boilers, air terminals, cooling towers, HEPA filters, DX equipment, and water source heat pumps.
- Write new specifications sections, develop new details, as required for project needs.
- Write studies and reports for systems on projects.
- Perform life-cycle cost analyses, and energy/cost calculation for HVAC systems.
- Apply and modify appropriate controls diagrams for the project
- Modify sequences of operation for air and water side equipment and systems.
- Meets with contractors during bid phase to review design details.
- Critically evaluate contractor pricing and cost estimates.
- Evaluate value engineering items with respect to EXP's level of risk.
- Apply risk management procedures daily to minimize EXP's and client's exposure to problems.
- Travel to project sites to review progress of work and successfully solve problems within time & budget
- Develop and monitor work plans.
- Manage work plans and deliverables on multiple projects within budgeted hours and guide Designers on management of task hours.
What your experience looks like
- Candidate should have an engineering Bachelor's degree in the field of HVAC/Mechanical Engineering with 7+ years of building HVAC and piping design experience.
- Experience in designing HVAC systems for Gaming, Hospitality, Entertainment, Healthcare or Commercial projects.
- Registered Professional Engineer (P.E.) preferred.
- REVIT MEP Proficiency required.