A leading comprehensive engineering design and consulting firm, SSR provides innovative solutions for clients with facility and infrastructure challenges. To achieve client needs, SSR has multiple locations across the US. Working with a diverse group of individuals in a variety of markets, our team of experts partner with our clients to deliver advanced solutions that last.
SSR is committed to providing opportunities and benefits to colleagues that promote living fully. Through various competitive benefits and programs available, SSR supports the health, well-being, and personal growth of its employees. SSR offers benefit options including medical, dental, and vision coverage, a generous contribution to employee-owned Health Savings Account, 401(k) with matching up to the full IRS maximum, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other employee incentives and wellness programs. SSR is a 2019 A/E/C Building a Better World Award Winner which recognizes our commitment to community outreach and improvement.
We feel that SSR is a great place, but don't take our word for it, See what our colleagues are saying at www.ssr-inc.com/life-at-ssr.
Why Choose SSR? Look at our Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn pages to discover more.
W e are Certified "Great Place to Work" http://www.greatplacetowork.com/certified-company/1001559
Looking for a Project Manager/Senior Roadway Design Engineer for Nashville
The Project Manager/Senior Roadway Design Engineer holds overall responsibility for assigned projects of low to medium scope and complexity. Duties include planning and executing a specific project plan, delivering quality products and services to the client in a timely manner, managing project financials, and serving as the primary contact between the SSR project team and the client. The Project Manager I ensures that projects are executed according to the plan and is responsible for the results of assigned projects (Total Project Success).
- Confirms the project scope and requirements with the client and other stakeholders, working with the Client Relationship Manager (CRM) or Operations Director as needed
- Ensures contracts are fully executed by the appropriate Principal
- Helps develop a financial plan for the project by preparing the proposal letter; works with CRM, Department Head, or Operations Director as applicable
- Assists in developing the project staffing plan and preliminary man-hour budget with the Senior Project Manager (PM), CRM, Department Head, or Operations Director as applicable
- Leads project kick-off meetings to convey project scope, client expectations and standards, man-hour budgets, etc. in a manner that builds consensus and fosters ownership and trust with the design team
- Displays an aptitude for collaborative learning, encourages constructive criticism, and builds consensus with the internal team
- Works with design team to confirm a final man-hour budget based on discipline work plans that identify tasks and hours to complete
- Works with the client to understand schedule expectations and, with team input, proposes interim milestones to the schedule for proper information flow, adjusting as necessary throughout the project
- Schedules work, communicates schedule and action-item information to the project team, monitors manpower requirements and plans for all disciplines on the project, and assists in updating eResource with current man-hour projections as the project requires, while maintaining a profit variance of +/- 5%
- Ensures project documentation is completed and appropriately stored
- Attends meetings with owners, clients, and architects; facilitates communication between clients and the project team; documents important issues
- Monitors project budget and works with project team to schedule work in accordance with man-hour budgets; recognizes how the hours charged to the project impact the revenue and projections
- Identifies and administers fees for additional services as needed
- Aware of problems or risks regarding SSR's quality, schedule or financial goals of the project; with assistance is able to determine the cause of problems and communicate the issue with the design team
- Prepares and implements a proactive Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC) plan for projects
- Learns how to build, develop, and grow business relationships vital to the success of the project and engages in business development activities with the current client base
- Ensures that invoices are accurate and delivered in a timely manner; monitors and collects account receivables, and updates the projected monthly revenue earnings for each project
- Responds to contractor's and client's request for information efficiently and comprehensively
- Manages the Construction Administration (CA) process to ensure building systems are installed consistent with the design and predetermined quality standards
- Supervises the job close out process to ensure documentation, filings, and project debriefs are complete
- Works alongside and engages with the Senior PM, CRM, or Location Leader to increase knowledge of project scope, budgeting, and revenue projections
- Actively attends internal and external training and other educational opportunities to obtain knowledge in necessary technical areas; exhibits competency in their own technical discipline
An ideal candidate will possess the following requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or applicable field from an ABET accredited college with four years of relevant experience in transportation design and analysis
- Must be a Registered Professional Engineer
- 5 years' experience in project management/execution with an understanding of standard project management processes/procedures
- TDOT Experience
- LPA experience (Local Programs Administration)
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, while being capable of interacting effectively with plant operations from the maintenance level through and including the executive level
- Must have a proven track record of accomplishments as a project manager or engineer on industrial projects and be capable of supervising and directing a team of engineers, contractors, and vendors
- Working knowledge of excel including macros
- Self-starter with strong attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task while working on numerous projects simultaneously at various stages of completion
- Possess and able to maintain a valid driver's license
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office, MS Project required
SSR is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
Our mission is to make a positive difference for our clients, colleagues, and communities.
Recruiters or staffing agencies: SSR is not obligated to compensate any external recruiter or search firm who presents a candidate, their resume, or profile to an SSR employee without 1) a current, fully-executed agreement on file and 2) being assigned to the open position via HR