The Assistant Manager Operations reports to and supports the Store Manager in ensuring the store team delivers top quality customer service and creates an excellent customer experience. The Assistant Store Manager Operations will help manage Sales Associates, FT Store Supervisors and PT Store Supervisors in maintaining and driving sales, customer satisfaction, the store's facilities, loss prevention audits, service, staffing goals, payroll planning, safety, administrative work, company programs, and inventory control so that work is actualized in accordance with company-defined practices and processes. Alongside the Store Manager, the Assistant Store Manager Operations must be a role model for the company, the customer first mentality and the workplace culture.
- Actively participates in store walkthroughs with Store Manager and district leadership to ensure the consistency and quality of service and operational execution.
- Aids in educating and providing feedback to store team on the customer first mentality, operational standards, processes and company programs.
- Reinforces customer service values by coaching FT Supervisors, PT Supervisors and Sales associates.
- Trains and develops team members through the Company's Customer FIRST training model.
- Works with the Store Manager and other members of management to create processes or programs in the store that will drive sales and bottom-line profitability.
- Partners with the Store Manager on analyzing data in order to plan and strategize appropriately.
- Drives results by creating short-term plans and long-term strategies, processes, and events that reflects a positive and rewarding experience for both the customer and other employees.
- Spends at least 60% of the shift performing Leader on Duty tasks.
- Communicates regularly with the management team regarding all aspects of sales, payroll deliverables, customer feedback and FT Supervisor, PT Supervisor and Sales Associate performance.
- Ensures service, merchandising, operational standards and Company credit initiatives are met through company-defined practices and processes.
- Manages hiring goals and payroll planning and forecasting against key targets.
- Assists with talent selection, training, coaching, engagement and retention for all store employees.
- Effectively partners and builds productive working relationships with supervisor, peers, FT Supervisors, PT Supervisors and Sales Associates.
- Partners with merchandising leaders to ensure execution of markdowns, signage, and marketing align with merchandise placement.
- Owns the daily schedule of employees and the business which can include Kronos, staff schedules and payroll budgeting.
- Leads overall store earnings by driving top line sales and managing controllable contribution.
- Assists in addressing performance by initiating and administering action plans for FT Supervisors, PT Supervisors and Sales Associates.
- Helps set the tone and standards that drive customer satisfaction and that will lead the business to be recognizable within the market.
- Must be at least 18 years of age with a high school diploma or equivalent. College degree or relevant technical or vocational training preferred.
- Must have at least 2 to 3 years of retail experience with prior supervisory or management experience.
- Must demonstrate a strong customer service mentality.
- Must be proficient in coaching and training, sales generation, strategic planning, and customer service.
- Must be capable of conducting training workshops to instruct and achieve company standards.
- Must be able to attract, recruit and retain top talent. Must have the skillset to train and develop brand ambassadors.
- Must have excellent communication, organizational and time management skills.
- Must be able to move around sales floor and stock rooms, work with cleaning chemicals, and lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, including a minimum of 2 closing shifts per week and 2 full weekends per month.
Requirements & EEO Statement
SPARC Group LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We value a culture of inclusion and diversity within our workforce, and are committed to maintaining a workplace free from prohibited employment conduct, including discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, domestic partner status, civil partnership, status as a covered veteran, status in the Uniformed Services of the United States, citizenship and any other characteristic protected by law ("Protected Characteristics").