David Weekley Homes is seeking an enthusiastic Builder with a focus on customer delight to join our Atlanta team. The ideal candidate will have prior residential production building experience, including overseeing the construction of multi-story townhomes.
- The planning, scheduling, implementation & coordination of quality built homes from development through final construction on a timely & economical basis
- Involvement in managerial oversight of homes
- Selection, coordination, oversight & management of people, materials, budgets, schedules & contracts
- Direct & monitor the progress of a variety of projects
- Oversee the scheduling, delivery & use of materials, the quality of construction, worker productivity & compliance with building/safety codes. Maintain safe, clean and compliant job sites
- Understand contracts, plans, construction methods & regulations
- Track & control construction costs against the budget in order to avoid cost overruns
- Prepare daily, monthly & quarterly reports
- Locate, negotiate pricing, obtain insurance info and scope of work for various labor needs
- Schedule and manage subcontractors and sub-contractor relationships in order to build homes on schedule and close on time
- Complete homes and all customer walk through items prior to closing
- Conduct Home Buyer Meetings with Customers
- Minimum 2 years experience building multi-family, multi-story townhomes
- Ability to establish good working relationships with a variety of people, including upper management, designers, sales, trades, vendors & customers. Should be able to build rapport and maintain Customer Satisfaction during the buying/building process.
- Must possess the ability to supervise effectively at all levels & with a variety of personalities. Motivate building partners to perform at a high level of competency.
- Manage time effectively, multi-task & prioritize in order to meet established goals & deadlines
- Computer proficiency required to handle job costing, payroll & communication with vendors & trades
- Be decisive, flexible & work well under pressure when faced with unexpected situations or delays and in a very fast-paced environment
- Can analyze & resolve problems. Excellent organizational, leadership & communication skills
- Knowledge of Construction Practices and Terminology. Ability to read and understand blueprints and construction documents
- Attention to Detail and Persistence in follow up
- Strong sense of urgency
Come and join our winning team recognized by Fortune Magazine as "One of the Top 100 Companies to Work For" 16 times. David Weekley Homes builds in 19 markets coast to coast and is the largest privately-held builder in America. We offer an excellent benefits package that includes:
- Health Insurance - Medical, Dental and Vision
- 401k and discretionary 8% match
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Profit Sharing
- Vacation, Holidays & PTO
- New Home Discount for Team Member & Family
- Team Member Product Discount
- Community Outreach
- And More!