Are you a passionate innovator looking to harness the power of technology to do more good? You've come to the right place. At Bonterra, our purpose is to power those who power social impact. To that end, we serve the people who make social good possible-the doers behind the scenes across nonprofits, public agencies, corporations, philanthropic organizations, and foundations.
As the second-largest and fastest-growing social good software company in the world, Bonterra brings together leading solutions from CyberGrants, EveryAction, Network for Good, Social Solutions, and their respective entities. By bringing our intuitive technology and expertise together, Bonterra will enable unprecedented connectivity between social good organizations and their community of supporters and constituents. This will reshape philanthropic giving, empower digital transformation, and bring the social good sector the technology it needs to accelerate lasting social change.
We are currently operating as a remote workforce and have equipped our teams with the technology to stay connected to each other and our customers.
Responsibilities & Requirements
- Develops multi-tiered product solutions and web services for our SaaS applications integrating front-end, server-side, and database code.
- Demonstrates a strong desire to be a quality individual contributor and team member.
- Demonstrates a strong ability to learn quickly and research new technology or skills area when needed.
- Participates openly and constructively in code peer review and other quality control activities.
- Demonstrates a strong ability to be flexible and think out-of-the-box.
- Able to mentor and coach entry level developers.
- Suggest new or enhanced processes/procedures to improve operational efficiency.
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience with one or more of the following:
- Web frameworks (Express, Ruby on Rails, Django, Flask, Spring MVC, etc.)
- Relational database technologies (preferably Oracle)
- Ability to implement complex solutions requiring multi-tiered development.
- Strong problem-solving skills and time management skills
- 1+ years of experience with one or more of the following:
- Web Services (REST) / GraphQL
- Test Driven Development (Unit Testing Frameworks)
- Contemporary source control (GIT)
- Experience in Agile / Scrum methodologies
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD)
- Modern Frontend frameworks (React, Angular, Vue, Ember, Etc.)
- Bachelor's Degree from four year college or university, or four to six years of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A rare opportunity to work in the philanthropy industry helping clients donate billions to nonprofits across the globe
- Work with smart and engaged co-workers
- Be a part of a culture that strives for innovation
- Flexible and casual work environment
- Comprehensive benefits package - including health/vision/dental insurance, paid time off, 401K
- Unique perks like Waffle Wednesdays, Pajama Day, extra vacation day on your birthday, and more
About Social Solutions Global
Our team is made up of industry experts and advocates who are 100% committed to supporting the doers of social good. We are currently undergoing an effort to create the vision and values that embody our collective organization and embrace the individuals who make up our community.
Some of our comprehensive and competitive benefits include:
- Generous PTO policy
- Equity for ALL regular, full-time employees from individual contributors to management - share in our success!
- Up to 15 paid company holidays including some commemorating social justice events and self-care
- Paid volunteer time
- Resources for savings and investments
- Paid parental leave
- Health, vision, dental, and life insurance with additional access to health and wellness programs.
- Opportunities to learn, develop, network, and connect
- When we can-company-sponsored events and swag!!