As a thought-leader and best-in-class provider in education, wellness, youth development, and community-building, The YMCA of Metro Atlanta is one of the oldest and most essential non-profits serving in Atlanta. Today, we're looking for you to join us as we carry out our mission to positively impact lives and communities across the state.
At the Y, we're an association of like-minded people (staff, volunteers, and members), on the forefront of a movement to ensure that everyone -- especially children -- experience an equal opportunity to reach their full potential. In the course of a year, we provide more than 3,000 children, ages 6 weeks through Pre-K with high-quality literacy and STEAM-infused learning; give 58,000 youth and teens access to sports, aquatics, day and resident camps, teen leadership development programs, and employment opportunities; provide over 200,000 members with programs, services, and facilities to enjoy connection and maintain wellness regardless of age; and engage over 25,000 volunteers and donors from across Atlanta to share in the gift of supporting their communities.
Nature and Scope:
The Vice President of Finance will provide financial thought leadership to drive results and ensure operational efficiency across the organization. Working closely with the senior leadership team and other stakeholders, this individual will partner to enhance and better integrate finance with other functions in the business. This will include the development, presentation, and maintenance of the Y's financial model and financial management reporting. As a part of owning the audit and compliance functions, this finance leader will act as a check and balance to the rest of the organization, partnering with the accounting function to deliver accurate and timely reporting and actionable information to stakeholders. This individual will ensure the fiscal integrity and financial operational excellence of the organization.
Responsibilities (include, but are not limited to):
- Lead the financial planning and analysis function by providing leadership, oversight, and direction to the finance team responsible for forecasting, budgeting, long range planning, audit, and compliance.
- Build and lead a best-in-class FP&A function that can strategically think through setting up financial processes and tools for the future, as well as create proactive working partnerships with budget owners to ensure excellence in financial operations.
- Drive the development of monthly forecasts and annual budget and enhance and optimize the Association's forecasting capabilities, implementing a rolling forecast business process, and advancing the planning methodologies across the organization.
- Create a culture of fiscal accountability and elevate financial acumen at the Association,
- Synthesize and present business analysis of monthly and annual financial results and other analyses as required by the CFO, the Board of Directors, the Senior Leadership Team, and other stakeholders, providing leadership and thought partnership.
- Assist the CFO in completion of complex transactions including but not limited to debt restructuring, New Market Tax Credit, and municipal bond financing, etc.
- Communicate and assist leadership across the organization in understanding financial and other business data.
- Partner with Accounting to deliver desirable outcomes for general accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, financial reporting and other finance and accounting functions.
- Supervise pre-award and post award grant monitoring and compliance on a grant portfolio more than $25 million annually.
- Ensure that the Association meets all federal, state and local regulatory guidelines and remains in good standing with requirements from all stakeholders, i.e., banks, donors, grantors, etc. by leading the compliance function.
- Manage relationships with external partners, for example banks, investment advisers, and third-party financial institutions and provide support to the business in negotiating and reviewing third party agreements.
- Oversee a successful audit process in collaboration with internal audit and accounting to deliver timely and complete responses to produce audit outputs that meet the requirements and deadlines of stakeholders and implement processes and controls throughout the year in support of successful audits.
- Manage the cash forecasting function with direct and indirect responsibility for cash, debt and other financing vehicles including an investment portfolio more than $30 million.
- Develop and maintain recurring internal reporting packages, dashboards, trend analysis, variance analysis, and other ad hoc analysis.
- Develop and maintain best practices to ensure accurate and timely reporting and analysis by identifying and implementing process improvement opportunities to drive process optimization, reports automation and improved analytics.
- Coordinate with branch leadership on monthly forecasting updates and analysis.
- Provide ROI and go/no-go analysis for capital projects.
- Provide analytical support to all budget owners across the organization to drive better decision making and business performance, identify trends, risks, and opportunities.
- Tie the Y's objectives to a clear set of metrics that can be used to track progress while understanding business drivers, creating the metrics to understand them, and reporting on them in a high impact and actionable way.
- Ensure controls are maintained and executed on a continuous basis.
- Monitor compliance of policies, procedures, and controls in accordance with regulatory requirements, routinely identify, communicate, and implement process improvements, and designing effective processes and systems that support finance, accounting, and other business functions.
- Manage operating budgets, lead the preparation and delivery of materials and presentations for various audiences including the Board of Directors,
- Guide projects from conceptual stages through the review process and implementation.
- Bachelor's Degree in finance, accounting, or related business field
- 10+ years of progressive experience in finance or accounting
- Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) experience
- 6+ years formal supervisory experience
- 6+ years leading cross-functional teams
- Experience leading a team of 8+ finance, accounting and/or treasury professionals
- Experience with accounting and enterprise systems
- Demonstrated strong computer aptitude, including expertise with Microsoft Excel and Word
- Strong leadership and proven supervisory skills in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Demonstrated mentoring, coaching, and organizational administrative skills
- Exceptional analytical, problem-solving, communication and interpersonal skills and attention to detail
- Ability to develop and maintain strong client relationships and interact and communicate positively with all levels of management, external auditors, regulatory agencies, and YMCA board members
- Ability to work and interact with internal clients at all levels of the organization in addition to external stakeholders
- Ability to manage P&L with multiple revenue streams including government entities
- Must have a strong collaborative work ethic, ability to work on multiple confidential projects under pressure with tight deadlines and minimum supervision
- MBA or other advanced degree
- Operational budget management more than $75 million
- Ability to pass a pre-employment background check including Criminal Record check, Drug Screening and motor vehicle record (MVR) according to company policy.
- Must be legally eligible to work in the US without current or future sponsorship.
This job posting is subject to change at any time.
The YMCA of Metropolitan Atlanta offers excellent benefits and career opportunities as part of our culture of excellence. The opportunities to serve are vast, and we're looking for a diverse mix of people, who share our values of CARING, HONESTY, RESPECT, and RESPONSIBILITY to join us and do their best work.
The YMCA of Metropolitan Atlanta does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.
YMCA Leadership & Learning Center