A CNC Machinist job in Newnan, GA is now accepting applications. This is a direct hire position with our key aerospace client. In this role, you will work as a part of a team machining superalloy forgings using blueprints, customer specifications and standard work to hold tolerances < .001 on OEM and MRO engine components. To be considered you will have a HS Diploma or GED, and minimum of 5 years, in CNC Machining.
2nd shift and 3rd Shift positions available.
CNC Machinist Responsibilities:
- Operates all types of CNC metal-cutting machines and equipment. Machinery and equipment include, EDM, lathes, mills, boring mills, and grinders.
- Plans and performs setups, layouts, and execution of work according to product specifications, blueprints, drawings, and work instructions.
- Performs all work in accordance with plant safety rules and maintains highest quality standards in the execution of all assigned work.
- Performs routine preventative maintenance on all machines and other routine labor work as required in accordance with production flow.
- Operator to adhere to all 5s / CPEX policies and to have a continuous improvement mindset.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Must have HS Diploma or GED. Strong shop mathematics, including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, decimals and fractions required.
- On the job experience, minimum of 5 years, in CNC Machining. Experience machining superalloy (Inconel and Waspaloy) highly desirable.
- Must have on the job experience planning and performing setups, layouts, and execution of work according to product specifications, blueprints, drawings, and work instructions.
- The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate strong spatial awareness centered around mental folding and rotation to demonstrate ability to read CMM/inspection results and interpret offset and other machining adjustments.
- Experience using special holding fixtures, counterbalances and counterweights for positioning and securing product in machines and to avoid distortion or run-out during operations.
- Must have experience machining tolerances <.001, inspecting own work against blueprint specs through the use of a variety of measuring instruments including micrometers, calipers, scales, thread gages, etc.
If you are interested in this CNC Machinist job in Newnan, GA please apply through the Belcan website!
Belcan is a leading provider of qualified personnel to many of the world's most respected enterprises. We offer excellent opportunities for contract/temporary, temp-to-hire, and direct assignments in the technical, IT, professional, clerical, and light industrial fields. We are the employer of choice for thousands worldwide. Our overriding goal is to provide quality staffing solutions that help people, organizations, and communities succeed. Belcan is a team-driven Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.belcan.com.